“Orange You Glad It's Summer” Smoothie Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes Makes 2 servings.
It's summer time and you're feeling fine! But this smoothie will help you to feel even better, because it's loaded with high-fiber, high-antioxidant ingredients.
According to the Mayo Clinic, dietary fiber has numerous health benefits, including lowering risk of diabetes and heart disease, and aiding in achieving healthy weight. Plus, mangos and oranges are both a good source of folate, which is good for your heart and decreasing the risk of stroke.
Now, you can enjoy cooling off on a hot summer day with a refreshingly healthy and tasty beverage.
- 1 mango, peeled, sliced into chunks
- 1/2 orange, peeled, quartered
- 1 large carrot, sliced into large chunks
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk*, plain
- 1 (1-inch) piece, peeled fresh ginger
- 6 ice cubes
*Or other milk of choice. Note that soy milk is higher in protein, while almond milk has fewer calories and is richer in vitamin E and manganese.
1. Prepare each ingredient by peeling/slicing
2. Place in blender and process until smooth
Original recipe by www.aicr.org's Health-e-Recipes