Summer isn't over, yet! Enjoy the beautiful weather and summer fruits and veggies while they are still in season. This grilled zucchini makes the perfect low-calorie side during your Labor Day grill out, and offers a wide range of health benefits.
This wonderful fruit (yes, botanically, zucchini is a fruit, although many consider it a vegetable) is not only a delicious side, it's known for being good for the heart and eyes, and aids in weight loss and lowering cholesterol. Zucchini is an excellent source of a number of different vitamins and minerals, including manganese, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin A, and fiber, so make sure your giving yourself a nice, big serving of this summery side dish!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Total Time: 15 min
- 2 large zucchini, sliced into rounds (or into thin strips)
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat grill on high. In a large bowl, toss zucchini with olive oil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Once grill is hot, carefully use tongs to rub an oiled paper towel over grates to clean.
3. Using tongs, place zucchini on grill. Cover and cook, 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking on high, covered, 2 minutes more.
4. Reduce heat to low, flip zucchini, and brush lightly with balsamic vinegar. Continue cooking up to 1 minute, uncovered. Serve warm.
Original Recipe from Delish.com.