Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad Recipe
Have you heard of the Mediterranean diet? It consists of mostly plant-based foods and healthy fats, with a moderate amount of fish and poultry, and minimum intake of red meat.
The Mediterranean diet is associated with great health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease, cancer, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's disease. So it is no surprise that many health professionals recommend diets similar to the Mediterranean diet to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We found this delicious Mediterranean dish that will leave your heart and your taste buds happy! It's a refreshing salad perfect for a summer night on the patio.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese (omit if dairy-free or vegan)
- 1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients & toss
2. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
3. Serve chilled.Enjoy!
Original recipe by Kim Fusich from allrecipes.com