Chocolate Pom-Poms for Valentine's Day
Pomegranate fruit and juice have many healthy properties. They are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, are a good source of fiber and have anti-inflammatory properties. Studies show that eating the fruit and/or drinking the juice can help protect against disease.
One cup of pomegranate seeds contains:
- Fiber: 7 grams.
- Protein: 3 grams.
- Vitamin C: 30% of the RDA.
- Vitamin K: 36% of the RDA.
- Folate: 16% of the RDA.
- Potassium: 12% of the RDA.
Enjoy a pomegranate dessert with your special valentine.
- ½ Cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ Cup pomegranate seeds
1. Line a mini-muffin tin with liners. In each cup add 2 teaspoons melted chocolate.
2. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top and drizzle with more belted chocolate.
3. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm, about 20 minutes.
4. Unwrap and serve.