4-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
Original Recipe from AmysHealthyBaking.com Servings: 16
At Welcyon, we believe in being healthy, and making choices that align with your fitness goals. But, we also don't believe in depriving yourself, especially during the holidays. We want to make your holidays as healthy as possible, and found a recipe that will leave your sweet tooth satisfied, without the guilt. Remember, moderation is always recommended when it comes to desserts, even the “better-for-you” versions!
Cocoa powder plains the main role in this recipe, providing fiber, iron, magnesium, and powerful polyphenol antioxidants. Note that antioxidant content is higher in raw cocoa powder (as it is minimally processed) but also has a slightly more bitter taste.
Ingredients: - 1 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ c unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp honey (or agave)
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
1. In a medium bowl, stir together all 4 ingredients.
2. Chill for at least 30 minutes, or up to 3 days.
3. Working with a heaping tablespoon at a time, roll the chocolate mixture into a ball, and place on wax paper or in individual mini muffin paper liners.
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 16 truffles.